Folder Size Changelog
- Added experimental Windows Vista/7/8 client.
- Reduced CPU usage of background service by about 50%.
- Fix leaked device handles.
- Better handling of devices that don't support change notifications.
- Don't log useless "ReadDirectoryChanges internal buffer overflowed" errors anymore.
- Installer tweaks: Include proper icon, remove unused Change option, better file compression
- Many fixes to cache integrity, preventing it from getting corrupt or losing sync with the real file system.
- Report folder sizes correctly for each user's permissions.
- Use finer-grained locking for better client concurrency.
- Use about 20% less memory.
- More thorough error logging to the system event log.
Graphical user interface
- New column display mode: unformatted bytes. See the exact sizes of folders and files.
- Added a Russian translation.
- New icon for the control panel.
- New Credits dialog in the control panel.
- More general polish: better high DPI support, spacing and alignment, and error handling.
Installer and files
- Removed some useless install modes from the installer.
- Reduce section alignment padding in DLLs for smaller file sizes.
- Added support for XP x64. All components recompiled for the x64 architecture.
- Added drive type disabling. Disable folder sizes for 4 drive types: local (hard drive), removable (USB), network, CD/DVD.
- Added Polish and Catalan translations.
memory usage by not storing full path strings for every folder node.
Slight CPU increase for significant memory savings should be an overall
- More efficient registry reading for user options.
- Upgraded compiler to Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
- Minor optimizations with path parsing and service communication.
- Fixed folder sizes not updating correctly when moving folders.
- Fixed German translation.
- Added Japanese, Dutch, Swedish, and Spanish translations.
- Changed the names of the 3 extra columns from File Count, Folder
Count, and Sibling Count, to File Children, Folder Children, and All
Children. Hopefully the new names are clearer.
- Fixed a buffer overflow crash in the service from long path
names. Now supports path names of any length.
- Fully disabled following NTFS reparse points (or junction
points), so file sizes are not counted twice, and to avoid any problems
- Improved some wording in the control panel regaring the GPL and
- Stopped the column updating from stealing focus when editing
- No longer sending the shell redundant update messages.
- The service will now allow removable drives to be removed safely.
- Added network support. Stores a separate cache with each user,
and logs on with that user's credentials.
- Fixed permissions on the server so limited users can query the
- Added translations in French, German, Italian, and Traditional
and Simplified Chinese.
- Add more output to the error log.
- Added scanner throttling, so it doesn't scan when the disk is
- Removed wasted space from the .MSI installer.
- Added service description.
- Removed unneeded Folder Size Sort column.